I’m not big on Thanksgiving as a holiday – it feels like colonialist propaganda, mostly.
However, I can see the value in taking time to be grateful. So here are a few things I am grateful for today:
- My partner and I celebrated our 8th anniversary last weekend. I’m grateful to have a partner who gets me, and who I am still having fun with eight years in.
- After months of feeling like I was just sort of drifting, I finally feel like I have a little more direction at work. I’m talking with my boss about the future direction of my job tomorrow, so fingers crossed that this continues.
- My friends in California have made it through the wildfires and the smoke. I’ve been really worried about them, and I’m glad to see folks are as safe as they could be given the circumstances.
- Things are going pretty well with my immediate family. It’s been a long road with a lot of detours and ditches, but I’m optimistic.
- I have so many wonderful people in my life. I’m grateful for all of you!